Usher set Justin up with Jan Smith – Mama Jan – who also happens to be his vocal coach. She only takes on big acts, but she took Justin on because Usher pleaded his case.
- She measured Justin Bieber's growth spurts in pencil marks on the frame of her studio door.
My World 2.0 (2010)
- Baby (featuring Ludacris) (vocal coach)
- Somebody to Love (vocal coach)
- Stuck in the Moment (vocal coach)
- U Smile (vocal coach)
- Runaway Love (vocal coach)
- Never Let You Go (vocal coach)
- Overboard (featuring Jessica Jarrell) (vocal coach)
- Eenie Meenie (featuring Sean Kingston) (vocal coach)
- Up (vocal coach)
- That Should Be Me (vocal coach)
- Where Are You Now? (co-writer)
Never Say Never: The Remixes (2011)
- Born to Be Somebody (recorder, co-producer and background vocals)
- ↑ Twitter - @ATLVox do u remember when u gave vocal lessons 4 the1st time to that little kid who sang one time or baby and now he is singing boyfriend
- ↑ Twitter - @Jannabieber66 Actually, yes I do remember the first time I sat with @justinbieber in December of 2008 in my studio, ATL. He was just a kid!
- ↑ Bieber, Justin (October 12, 2010). "Justin Bieber: First Step 2 Forever: My Story". HarperCollins. ISBN 978-0-06-203974-3.
- ↑ Jan Smith Studios - The Truth About Bieber
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.