Justice is the 6th studio album of Justin Bieber. Released on March 19, 2021.
- 1 Background
- 2 Singles
- 3 Release
- 4 Track list
- 5 Title
- 6 Artwork
- 7 Chart and commercial performance
- 8 Achievements/Records
- 9 Certifications
- 10 References
On July 24, 2020, Scooter Braun post on Instagram the new dates of Justin Bieber World Tour 2021 with the caption “new tour!! So... new album?”. Hailey comment: “new albuu6mmm?”, making a pun on the words album and the number 6 (sixth studio album). On September, days before the Holy release, Scooter post a Justin photo with the caption “New era”.
Poo Bear revealed he and Justin have been hard at work during quarantine and already created around “13 to 15 new tracks.”  JB called it 'some of the best music he's ever made', while Chance the Rapper called it 'some of the best music I've ever heard.'
Justin revealed the album and its title "Justice" on instagram on February 26, 2021. Weeks later the official tracklist.
The album contains 16 tracks, and the artists featured on the project are Khalid, BEAM, Burna Boy, Dominic Fike, Daniel Caesar, The Kid Laroi, Benny Blanco and Chance the Rapper. In the US, there are three bonus tracks, Red Eye from Justin Bieber's Official Store, Angels Speak from Target and Hailey from Walmart. Other countries have the three tracks on three separate alternate covers. Accidentally Walmart on his web site, leaks the number of songs and the features artist.
Ryan Tedder of One Republic, a well-known songwriter, also mentioned that he was a part of the writing process for the album.
The first single of the album Holy was released on September 18, 2020. The second single of the album Lonely was released on October 16, 2020. The third single Anyone was released on January 1, 2021. The fourth single, Hold On was released on March 5, 2021. The fifth single Peaches was released on March 19, 2021 along same time with Justice Album.
After its release, Justice has reached 125 #1's on Apple Music around the world. It's his first and only male pop album in history to achieve this.
Justice received 48 million streams in its first day on Spotify and the single Peaches debuted as the number 1 song in America and worldwide.
The Deluxe album was called (Triple Chucks Deluxe). Released on March 26. A week after the release of Justice. Contains 6 new tracks with features guest appearances from Jaden, DaBaby, Quavo, Tori Kelly and Lil Uzi Vert.
With Justice, Justin extends his very own record as he become the youngest artist to have 8 #1 albums on Billboard 200.
Peaches officially debuted at #1 on Billboard Hot 100, making it his 7th #1 on the chart. With Justice and Peaches, Justin is now the only solo male act in the history to simultaneously debut at #1 on Billboard 200 and Billboard Hot 100 at the same time.
Justin becomes the only solo artist in the history to simultaneously hit #1 across all 5 main billboard charts at same time: #1. Artist 100, #1. Billboard 200, #1. Billboard Hot 100, #1. Billboard Global 200, #1. Billboard Global Excl. US.
- 2 Much
- Deserve You
- As I Am (featuring Khalid)
- Off My Face
- Holy (featuring Chance the Rapper)
- Unstable (featuring The Kid LAROI)
- MLK Interlude
- Die For You (featuring Dominic Fike)
- Hold On
- Peaches (featuring Giveon and Daniel Caesar)
- Love You Different (featuring BEAM)
- Loved By You (featuring Burna Boy)
- Lonely (with benny blanco)
Triple Chucks Deluxe
- There She Go (featuring Lil Uzi Vert)
- I Can't Be Myself (featuring Jaden)
- Wish You Would (featuring Quavo)
- Know No Better (featuring DaBaby)
- Name (featuring Tori Kelly)
- Angels Speak (Target exclusive), (European Web stores exclusive)
- Hailey (Walmart exclusive), (European Web stores exclusive)
- Red Eye (featuring TroyBoi) (Worldwide Web store exclusive)
On February 26, 2021 Justin Bieber revealed the album cover and title on his social medias with this caption:
JUSTICE the album March 19th. In a time when there’s so much wrong with this broken planet we all crave healing and justice for humanity. In creating this album my goal is to make music that will provide comfort, to make songs that people can relate to and connect to so they feel less alone. Suffering, injustice and pain can leave people feeling helpless. Music is a great way of reminding each other that we aren’t alone. Music can be a way to relate to one another and connect with one another. I know that I cannot simply solve injustice by making music but I do know that if we all do our part by using our gifts to serve this planet and each other that we are that much closer to being united. This is me doing a small part. My part. I want to continue the conversation of what justice looks like so we can continue to heal. - Justin Bieber
Justice album cover photo was taken in a tunnel of a California streets, photo taken by Rory Kramer, after a text message from Allison Kaye proposing the job. On the cover, Justin is seen crouching holding his head with his left hand. You can also see the name "Justin Bieber" in white and the "Justice" logo in light blue, designed by Justin himself; The "T" is a christian cross.
On the cover the color green predominates with a little yellowish green and a little light blue. Justice album cover has a torn paper texture all over the cover.
On February 26, 2021, when the album cover was revealed, the team of the French group Justice reacted to the album logo. According to Pedro Winter, founder and owner of French record label Ed Banger Records, the logo of the album, conceived by Bieber himself, is similar to the logo of Justice, who is signed to the label. On March 1, 2021, Winter reacted on Instagram by taking a screenshot of the logo drawn by Bieber and saying, ironically; "Ed Banger Records appoints Mr Justin Drew Bieber as Art Director. We would like to thank Mr So Me [the current artistic director of Ed Banger] for all his work since 2003". On March 18, Rolling Stone reported that the Justice sent a cease and desist letter to Bieber over the album, citing willful trademark infringement over the Cross logo.
- Photographer - Rory Kramer
- Graphic Designer - bawwse
- "Justice" logo designer - Justin Bieber, mikkelaranas (graphic logo)
Chart and commercial performance
Justice debut No.1 at the Billboard 200 Chart with 154,000 equivalent units and 30,000 pure sales. Becoming the 8th No.1 album for Justin; the first artist under 27 in history to do it. Justin becomes the first Male solo artist to debut No. 1 at the Billboard 200 and Hot 100 thanks to Peaches and Justice. Also Justin debuts No. 1 at Artist 100, Billboard 200, Hot 100, Global 200 and Global excl. US. becoming the only solo artist in history to simultaneously hit the #1 across all 5 Billboard charts at same week. In the second week, with the debut of Justice (Triple Chuck Deluxe), the album fall to the second spot; in the third week, the album jump to the number 1 again, becoming the first Justin album to spend more than a week at the #1 spot since My World 2.0 in 2010.
13 tracks of 16 lands on the Billboard Hot 100 in the debut week, except Lonely and Holy (not charted that week), and the MLK Interlude (because of Billboard's rules). In total 15 of 16 songs charted on the list. Second biggest Justin's tracks for one album with more songs in the list. Purpose (deluxe) tops 17 of 18 songs (except All in It).
Justice debuts No. 1 at the Rolling Stones chart with 108.9k album units and 18.6k album sales. Justin with Justice and Peaches, debuts No. 1 on the RS 100, RS 200 and Artist 500, becomes the first artist to sweep all three charts since Ariana Grande in November, 2020.
Justice debuts No. 1 in different official charts from around the world. The album debuts No. 1 at the Global album top 40 Worldwide chart (mediatraffic), with 277.000 equivalent sales the first week. In China, in 21 minutes of release surpassed 100,000 song unite on QQMusic.
In the daily chart, 8 songs of 10, the 7 first positions in the next orden: "Peaches", "As I Am", "Hold On", "Unstable", "2 Much", "Deserve You", "Off My Face"; while "Holy" at #9. All the songs debuts at the top 40, the "MLK Interlude" at #130.
Justice debuts No.1 at the daily spotify chart and weekly aswell. Justice spent 7 weeks being the most streamed album on global spotify. And also becomes the most streamed album of 2021 (so far).
In the daily chart on May 19, all Justice songs debuts in the top 50 (Peaches at No.1 with 5,743,257 streams), except for the MLK Interlude that debut #70 with 1,403,039 streams. While in the top debut song chart on May 19, 10 Justice songs tops the first 10 positions available on the chart.
On the weekly chart, tree Justice songs debuts at the top 10, "Peaches" at #1 with 42,402,124 streams; "Hold On" at #5 with 27,815,726 streams and "As I Am" #9 with 21,522,896. While all the rest of the songs debuts in the top 100, except again for the "MLK Interlude".
|Australian Albums (ARIA)||1||1|
|Austrian Albums (Ö3 Austria)||1||3|
|Belgian Albums (Ultratop Flanders)||1||1|
|Belgian Albums (Ultratop Wallonia)||5||5|
|Canadian Albums (Billboard)||1||1|
|Czech Albums (ČNS IFPI)||1||1|
|Danish Albums (Hitlisten)||1||1|
|Dutch Albums (Album Top 100)||1||1|
|Finnish Albums (Suomen virallinen lista)||1||1|
|French Albums (SNEP)||8||8|
|German Albums (Offizielle Top 100)||4||4|
|Global Chart Album (mediatraffic)||1||1|
|Hungarian Albums (MAHASZ)||34||34|
|Icelandic Albums (Tónlist)||1||1|
|Irish Albums (OCC)||1||1|
|Italian Albums (FIMI)||4||4|
|Japan Hot Albums (Billboard Japan)||17||17|
|Japanese Albums (Oricon)||22||22|
|Lithuanian Albums (AGATA)||1||1|
|New Zealand Albums (RMNZ)||1||1|
|Norwegian Albums (VG-lista)||1||1|
|Polish Albums (ZPAV)||6||6|
|Portuguese Albums (AFP)||2||2|
|Scottish Albums (OCC)||5||5|
|Slovak Albums (ČNS IFPI)||1||1|
|Spanish Albums (PROMUSICAE)||2||2|
|Swedish Albums (Sverigetopplistan)||1||1|
|Swiss Albums (Schweizer Hitparade)||4||4|
|Taiwanese Albums (Five Music)||1||1|
|UK Albums (OCC)||2||2|
|US Billboard 200||1||1|
- The biggest weekly debut of 2021 with 252M streams (so far)
- Justin Bieber's biggest overall weekly debut for his album with 252M streams
- The second biggest debut of 2021 with 48M streams (so far)
- Justin Bieber's biggest overall debut for his album with 48M streams
- His 4th most streamed album (so far)
- Album with most #1's on iTunes in 2021 with 51 #1's (so far)
- Male artist album with most #1's on iTunes in 2021 with 51 #1's (so far)
- Album with most #1's on Apple Music in 2021 with 129 #1's (so far)
- Male artist album with most #1's on Apple Music in 2021 with 129 #1's (so far)
- Album with most #1's on Apple Music in Apple Music HISTORY with 129 #1's
- Peaches is Justin Bieber's 2nd fastest song to surpass 50M streams in just 8 days
- Peaches has Justin Bieber's most stable first week on Spotify this decade
- #1 on Billboard 200
- The youngest artist in HISTORY to earn 8 #1 albums on Billboard 200 (he broke his own record, last year he broke Elvis Presley's record and became the youngest artist in HISTORY to earn 7 #1 albums on Billboard 200)
- First male soloist in HISTORY to debut at #1 on Billboard Hot 100 and Billboard 200 simultaneously
- The only soloist in HISTORY to debut at # across all main billboard charts at the same time (Artist 1000, Billboard 200. Billboard Hot 100, Billboard Global 200, Billboard Global Excl. US)
- Artist with the MOST #1 on iTunes WW in HISTORY
- Artist with second most # debuts on Billboard Hot 100 (4, first artist 5)
- Bieber was the most-popular musician on Instagram in April for the fifth time in six months.
- He is the King of Instagram and therefore the King of Pop music
- His new album “Justice” is a huge hit on Spotify, where fans listened to his songs more than 500 million times last month. The song “Peaches” was so popular that the two artists joining on the track, Giveon and Daniel Caesar, were the second and fifth most-listened to acts on Spotify last month as well.
- Bieber is officially the youngest Solo Artist to reach triple digits on the Hot 100, overtaking Drake
|Denmark (IFPI Denmark)||Gold||20,000**|
|New Zealand (RMNZ)||Gold||7,500**|
|United Kingdom (BPI)||Silver||60,000**|
|United States (RIAA)||Gold||1,000,000**|
|* Sales figures based on certification alone.
** Sales + streaming figure based on certification alone.
*** Streaming-only figures based on certification alone
- Brodsky, Madison (July 2, 2020). "Justin Bieber’s Producer Poo Bear Salutes His ‘Vulnerable’ Vow to Fight Racial Injustice, Teases His New Opening Act". ET Canada.
- "Justin Bieber & Chance the Rapper - Holy (Livestream)". YouTube. September 17, 2020.
- "Justin Bieber - Justice (Walmart Exclusive) - CD". Walmart. February 26, 2021.
- Kreps, Daniel (March 18, 2021). Rolling Stone.